Cranbury, NJ — September 28, 2022 — AmeriHealth New Jersey is taking extra measures to help its members affected by Hurricane Fiona and Ian.
- For members impacted in Puerto Rico, AmeriHealth New Jersey will alter some of its policies through October 17, 2022.
- For members impacted in Florida, AmeriHealth New Jersey will alter some of its policies through November 29, 2022.
- For members impacted in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia, Independence will alter some of its policies through October 28, 2022.
Specific steps include:
- Waiving precertification, referral, and hospital admission requirements for medically necessary care for fully insured members. AmeriHealth New Jersey is also working closely with self-funded groups to ask for their flexibility in waiving these same requirements.
- Working closely with hospitals, doctors, and urgent care facilities to ensure members who may not have access to their usual physicians and facilities have access to emergent and urgent care services anywhere they need it.
- Lifting prescription refill restrictions, such as the “refill too soon” limit, and allowing members who receive prescriptions via mail order to get prescriptions at a retail pharmacy.
- Providing replacement of medical equipment or supplies for members.
- Offering free confidential counseling service and other resources to employer customers through Magellan Health Services for employees coping with stress and trauma they may have experienced as a result of this emergency situation. Additionally, Magellan is offering a toll-free Information Resource Line, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for all AmeriHealth New Jersey members, to help callers cope and maintain good mental health during the recovery. Members can access this information at 1-800-327-7451.
AmeriHealth New Jersey members with questions about care and medication needs are encouraged to contact the company’s Customer Service team at 1-888-YOUR-AH1 (1-888-968-7241). AmeriHealth New Jersey employees can ensure that members have uninterrupted access to the health care services they need during this emergency situation and the aftermath.
AmeriHealth New Jersey members can also access their personal health information and find and print replacement ID cards at amerihealthnj.com.